Saturday, May 22, 2010

On the Weekend!!



Saturday at Villa Maria Estate/Winery



On top of the world at Sky Tower=328 Meters above the ground!!



Driving in New Zealand



It was only suiting to name the title "On the Weekend." Here in New Zealand they say, "What are you doing on the weekend?" instead of "What are you doing this weekend?" haha I love it!! On Friday I went to an art show with my supervising teacher. It was very interesting, we went to a private home (I felt like I was in America). This house was the first that I have seen since my arrival that is built like an American home (It had a pool, tennis court, outdoor fire place, it was HUGE). We all stood by the pool and watched the show! The artist made two beautiful dresses and put them on display for us to see (2 Beautiful New Zealand Women took turns showing off the beautiful dresses and one of the dresses even had a head piece). The dresses were all made out of recycled things. For example one dress was made out of tea bags and the other was made out of the silver tops you take off a gallon of milk and various other recycle items. It was amazing, the silver dress looked like a wedding gown. It was a fun social event and I had the opportunity to meet a lot of nice New Zealand people.

On Saturday I went on a run with Grant and then we had lunch at Villa Maria Estate. It was “lovely,” a beautiful place for a wedding. We then came home to prepare dinner for Saturday night, a few of Grant’s friends came over. On Sunday, the family went to Disney on Ice and dropped me off in the City of Auckland on Queen Street. It was amazing, I felt like I was in Chicago!! I enjoyed the candy shops and all the neat markets. I then went up to the Sky Tower (328 meters) and had a nice view of the city. A few hours later I met up with the family for lunch. Grant then let me drive the car home. It was so scary I felt like I was driving illegally!! Everything in the car is on the wrong side (the blinker, wiper, gear shift, steering wheel…etc). I had a lovely weekend. It was relaxing and full of adventures.

Food of the Day: Tim Tam, Jaffas, Schoc (New Zealand Chocolate)

2 comments:

  1. Are Tim Tam cookies? Pepperidge farms makes a cookie named Tim Tam. Just curious. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No they are not Pepperidge farms they are Arnotts, I am so happy you are reading the blog. It makes me happy every time I have a new comment because It means people are actually reading this thing! haha

    ReplyDelete