Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Athens to Pelham

Safe travels to Pelham, GA. Wow, it was tough saying good-bye to loved ones. However, there was a true sense of peace in it all. I am so thankful for all the encouragement I have received all around as this adventure begins. I am thankful for all the notes of encouragement: Mary Bea, Elizabeth (Bubba), Mobley Moss, Ashley Curry, Maggie Schaufler, Carissa, Kate Wooten, Laura Maynard, Becca Thorpe, etc... FB messages, Emails, last minute texts and phone calls.

Thank you Daddy for finally breaking down and buying me a new computer. I promise this was a good investment. Praise the lord for your continuously giving heart. I am thankful for all the thoughtful gifts...Mrs. Betty, thanks again for the vera bradley tote ( I have used it everyday since you gave it to me). Grandma and Grandpa I don't know what I would have done without your special gift!! Thanks again!! I have appreciated all the thoughtful presents, home-cooked meals and notes of encouragement.

The bible verses shared with me over the past few days have been such a blessing. Mobs I am clinging to yours these few days... Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous, for the lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I can't wait to be blessed by my new family, school and everyone I meet in New Zealand!!!

The Journey Begins!!


3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful journey! I am so excited for you! I am praying for you & will continue to do so daily! I love you, and can't wait for updates! Enjoy this time, you will remember & cherish it always! Love ya ---Bubba ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and praying for safe travels!!! Have fun, and know that we love you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! Just read through all that you've posted thus far... definitely tears and chill bumps.. so glad it is all 'full on' in motion now.. savor it... such a special season!! Remember it is temporary therefore it must be lived to the full even when you miss loved ones and the comfort and convenience of home.. remember home will always be here and waiting for ya when you get back! :) Now's the time...

    ReplyDelete