Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tallahassee -- Charlotte -- LA -- Auckland!!!!

Well after a long extensive 24 hour flight, I finally made it to my safe home in Auckland, NZ. It is amazing how fast you can feel at home with such amazing welcoming people. I have truly been blessed with an awesome host family. The children are adorable. The oldest, Deanna does not leave my side (we bonded IMMEDIATELY to say the least). The children already took me on a long extensive tour of the town and my new school, the outdoor mall and ice cream shop near by, the tour ended when Nick's petal fell off his bicycle while riding down the road. We made it safe to the house and called it a day and had dinner then movie and now off to bed.

Today has possibly been the longest day of my life. I realized just a moment ago that I still have on the same outfit I had on when I left the Tallahassee Airport at 3:35 on Thursday, May the 6th. The time difference is quite bizarre especially losing the whole day of May the 7th. It is hard to adjust that I am almost a complete day ahead of the US!

Today has been full of lots of adventures and fun interesting and entertaining conversations. I am so excited for the days ahead. It is nice to be settled in a friendly and very sweet household. I am continuously being blessed by their hospitality.

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I'm so glad your doing a blog so we can get updates! Can't wait to hear how student teaching goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you had a safe flight and love your host home. I knew the kids would provide entertainment! Athens is not the same without you! Love you and can't wait to skype!!! Remind me of the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Daddy - Glad you had a good outing with the family!!!! I know it is going to be great. Just wait until school starts Monday - then it will be crazy with a Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your posts! I am so glad you are loving your host family! That picture of you with the kids is super cute! This is going to be such a great experience. I'm gonna miss you over the summer!

    ReplyDelete