Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weekend Update June 11-13

Jane, Jessica and I out on the town!!

Wow, I can’t believe I have just finished my fifth week of student teaching. Time is flying by so fast. I had the opportunity to catch up with Jessica Srdar, who is student teaching in Auckland as well. She is a student of the University of Georgia so it was good to see a familiar face and catch up with an American and talk about our experiences. We met up with my teacher, Jane and her husband at a local restaurant. On Saturday I went shopping with Jane and a friend, Marilyn at Sylivia Park, the biggest mall in New Zealand. I then came home and made Hokey Pokey with the Webster family and then we went to the Cock and Bull for dinner and wine. After we arrived back home for dinner we ate Choc Bars and port wine while watching All Blacks (The notorious rugby team of NZ). I have found that you have to have New Zealand chocolate with New Zealand/Australia Port Wine. On Sunday we went to the Victorian Markets. I am beginning to love New Zealand people, I have been said to look like Carrie Underwood, Reece Witherspoon, talk like Britney Spears and today a lady asked if I was a model!! Needless to say, my self-esteem has increased immensely. The highlight of my day was buying New Zealand UGG Boots for only $100 US Dollars. Anyone who has bought UGG Boots knows that this is a STEAL!! I found out that the UGG Boots originated in New Zealand and Australia just stole their idea and put UGG on the back...supposedly NZ called them UGGLY BOOTS!! haha

Karyn, Deanna and I at Sale Street!!


All the children with our new UGGLY BOOTS (Deanna, Kathryn, Nick and I)




New Drink of the Day: Shingle Peak New Zealand Pinot Noir, Kiwi fruit Vodka and Midiori and Pinapple
Food of the Day: Choc Bar, Banoffee Dessert Pizza, Hokey Pokey, Chocolate and Caramel Slice and Steak and Stout Hot Pot, Wagyu Burgers and cookie bear chocolate chip cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment