Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Trip to Hamilton, NZ

The Beach house!!


Beach View


At our hotel before leaving for the Rugby Game


On Saturday morning I had my first facial/massage. It was neat to experience this for the first time in New Zealand. It was very relaxing it almost put me to sleep. After the massage Jane and I went for a walk on the beach. Then I arrived back home and Karyn and I began our trip to Hamilton to watch the All Blacks play against the Wales. It was so exciting, I did not know much about Rugby prior to this adventure. I have learned so much about Rugby in the past few weeks, it reminds me of American football the only difference is that in Rugby the clock does not stop for Time Outs and such it is an 80 minute game and the only time the clock stops is at half time.

Getting Candy for the Rugby Game


My First Rugby Game!!!


On Sunday morning we woke up in our hotel, Narrows Landing and had breakfast. I had poached eggs for the first time in my life. Karyn and I then packed our bags and went into Hamilton and went down River Walk. This is a walkway that overlooks Waikato River, the largest river in New Zealand. We then started our trip home and stopped at Candy Land for New Zealand chocolate and fudge. We had a great weekend adventure in Hamilton, I can’t wait for the weekends ahead!

ALL BLACKS vs. WALES


Food of the Day: Thai Food, Poached Eggs, Blue Cod Fish, Cadburry Milk Tray, Dairy Milk Macadamia Nut, Ernest Adams Raspberry Slice, Pinky Bar, Gold Rush Fudge, Peanut Butter Fudge, Chocolate covered jelly beans from CANDY LAND and Gooey Caramel Memphis Meltdown (Tip Top Ice Cream Bar)

No comments:

Post a Comment