Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day at Matakana Markets, the Coast and Omaha Vineyards

The Toilets!!!


Brick Bay Vineyard




Well, I survived my first week of full control teaching Year 3 and started the weekend off with a bang and a little celebration. I had an exciting weekend adventure with Jane and her husband to the Matakana Markets on Saturday. We spent the day looking at the farmer’s markets and enjoying the art galleries and other sites. We visited Omaha Bay Vineyard, Brick Bay Vineyard and Tapianos tasting wine at the local Vineyards. Then we went to visit The Craig’s beachfront property and caravan on the coast it was beautiful. We took a walk on the beach and enjoyed the breath taking view. It was a nice relaxing drive to the North part of the Island that I have yet to see. We ended the day with Fish and Chips on the coast.

On Sunday I took it easy and slept a lot to rest up from the day before. I also experienced Italian food for the first time since I have been in New Zealand.

On the Coast with Jane



Food of the Day: Picnic Bar, Vogel's Toast and Poppa Jacks (taste like Funyuns)

No comments:

Post a Comment